Today’s Trading Action in the S&P
It was a wild day on Wall Street, to say the least!
At 1:07 p.m. EDT stock prices began to plunge as traders reacted to a news headline that had just appeared on the Associated Press Twitter feed, reporting that there had been two explosions at the White House and that President Barack Obama had been injured.
In the ensuing market chaos, U.S. Equities lost about $140 billion in total value, at least for a few minutes.
When it became apparent that the AP tweet was a fake, stock prices quickly rebounded. The S&P 500 finished the trading session up a little more than 1% for the day as a whole.
In keeping with my typical behavior whenever unusual events like this occur, I decided to take a look at what was going astrologically at the time of the Twitter Panic. I thought that perhaps the planets could provide some useful insights.
Neptune Triggering Planetary Midpoints Durng The Twiter Panic
As it turned out, there was an astonishing array of planetary pictures that were active when the Twitter rumor swept through the trading floor and prices went into free-fall. Here are some of the major ones, along with brief notes about their significance.
Neptune, the planet associated with illusion and deception, was extremely dominant at the time, activating these planetary midpoints:
- Sun/Moon – lies, deception, and misunderstandings
- Mars/Kronos – ineffectiveness in the power of the state
- Ascendant/Cupido – changing circumstances whose real nature is revealed after the fact
- Pluto/Zeus – wasted efforts and actions taken in vain
- Uranus/Apollon – rapid increase in tension because of uncertainty
- Aries/Saturn – quarantines, suspected illness or injury
- Saturn/Hades – severe losses and a dismal fate
- Chiron/Admetos – problematical obstacles
- Pluto/Apollon – big transformations that are hidden from view
- Sun/Kronos – confusion in authority; deceit from independent sources
- Node/Cupido – the liquidation of corporations
Mercury, with all its strong connections to communications and market action, triggered
- Saturn/Cupido – thoughts about major separations
- Node/Chiron – information spread through inconvenient connections
Uranus, which is associated with the electronic flow of information and with high-frequency trading, was plugged into the midpoint structures of
- Sun/Jupiter – a sudden forced change in luck
- Moon/Zeus – the sudden incitement of extreme emotions
- Cupido/Vulcanus – an entire community faces a test of strength
- Midheaven/Chiron – an inconvenient state of tension and excitement
And the fast-moving Moon, the primary planetary driver of emotions in the markets, spent just a couple of minutes triggering the midpoints of
- Midheaven/Neptune – being swept away by extreme fantasy
- Chiron/Apollon – lots of people having a problematical emotional experience
- Aries/Pluto – widespread changes in a large group of people
- Uranus/Hades – loathing and apprehensions about evil deeds and assassinations
In aggregate, then, the planetary configurations associated with the Twitter Panic paint a pretty clear picture of exactly what was going on. We can count on astrology to give us an in-depth look behind the scenes whenever the markets make sudden moves, which is what gives astro-traders such an extraordinary advantage!